VHDPA Forms & other documents
- Preview Application Form Membership - groups or businesses (PDF 78.7 kb)
Application Form - groups or Businesses
- Preview Application Form Membership - individuals (PDF 97.6 kb)
Application Form - individuals
- Preview Committee Nomination Form VHDPA (PDF 54.2 kb)
Form for making nominations to the Committee
- Preview Friends of Hall School Museum & Heritage Centre Membership Form (PDF 212.4 kb)
Friends Membership Form
- Preview Hall tree logo 2018 (PDF 266.6 kb)
Hall tree logo and agreement for use.
- Preview Requests for grants from the VHDPA. (DOCX 16.2 kb)
Information required to request a grant from the VHDPA.
- Preview VHDPA Association Rules (PDF 186.4 kb)
Rules of the Village of Hall & District Progress Association (the Constitution)
- Preview VHDPA Committee Members' Handbook (PDF 429.2 kb)
Handbook for Committee Members
- Preview VHDPA Member Proxy Form (PDF 50.6 kb)
Proxy Form for Members unable to attend a general meeting
- Preview What to do if you want the VHDPA to lodge a grant application. (PDF 93.9 kb)
Procedures for the VHDPA to lodge grant applications in support of village activities including heritage, environment, playground and other community amenities on behalf of and in consultation with Hall village and district residents.
Submissions made by the Association in response to Public Enquiries, Consultations, etc
- Preview 2006-11 Submission in response to the ACT Government's 'Towards 2020: Renewing our schools' proposal (PDF 72.8 kb)
Thirteen page submission by the Progress Association in response to the ACT Government's 'Towards 2020: Renewing our schools' proposal.
- 2007-11-09 Position Paper. Future for Hall Primary School (RTF 102.6 kb)
The Association's submission to the Purdon Consultation on future use of school sites.
- Preview 2007-12-06 Submission on the draft restructured Territory Plan (DOC 28.5 kb)
The Association's comments on the final draft of the restructured Territory Plan
- Preview 2008-05-10 Application to Heritage for Hall School House Museum (DOC 104.5 kb)
Narrative section of an application for a 2008-2009 Heritage Grant title - 'Hall School House Museum - Interpretation, Access, Promotion'
- Preview 2009-03-31 VHDPA Submission to ACT Legislative Assembly inquiry into school closures and reform of the ACT education system. (PDF 171.1 kb)
- Preview 2009-05-16 Application for a grant for Conservation of the Hall School Museum (PDF 96.4 kb)
Application for an ACT Heritage Grant 2009-10 to undertake a Conservation Management Plan for the Hall School Museum.
- Preview 2017-03-25 Hall and Surrounds Tartan (PDF 121.2 kb)
letter in support of the creation and provenance of a Hall Village and District Tartan
- 2017-04-02 picture of Hall and surrounds tartan (JPG 2.3 Mb)
Picture of the Hall and surrounds tartan
- 2017-04-02 Picture of the Hall and surrounds tartan 2 (JPG 1.8 Mb)
Picture of the Hall and surrounds tartan 2
- Preview 2017-10-07 Association's draft submission to ACT Governments 'Better Suburbs' program (PDF 351.8 kb)
Association's draft submission to ACT Governments 'Better Suburbs' program
- Preview 2018-03-09 Recreation Track Report of December 2017 "Consultation" (PDF 3.9 Mb)
Consultants report of the December 2017 "consultation" on a proposed recreation track in Hall village
- Preview 2019-06-28 Park Upgrade (PDF 1.1 Mb)
Park Upgrade Design (formerly recreational trail)
- Preview 2019-10-15 Application for grant from Communities Environment Program - Bee Friendly Village (PDF 360.8 kb)
Application by the VHDPA on behalf of the Hall Honeys for a grant from Communities Environment Program - Bee Friendly Village.
- Preview 2020-04-05 ACT Nature Play Grant Application (PDF 95.5 kb)
Application by VHDPA for ACT Government Nature Play Grant for the Hall Park Upgrade
Village of Hall and District Annual Report 2007-2008
- Preview 2009 - 2010 Annual Report (PDF 140.9 kb)
Annual report of the Association to members for the financial year 2009-10
- Preview 2014/08/20 (DOCX 45.5 kb)
President's Report to the AGM
- Preview Audited financial statements for 2009 - 2010 (PDF 85.7 kb)
- Preview VHDPA Annual Report 2008-09 (PDF 129.5 kb)
Annual report of the Village of Hall and District Progress Association Inc 2008-09
- Preview VHDPA Annual Report 2011 - 2012 (PDF 124.4 kb)
VHDPA Annual Report 2011 - 2012
ACT Government documents
Copies of ACT Government document of various sorts - calls for submissions, terms of reference for inquiries, reports, etc
- Preview 2009-02-13 Terms of Reference - Assembly inquiry into school closures (PDF 141.6 kb)
Terms of reference for the Standing Committee on Education Training and Youth Affairs committee inquiry into school clsures.
- 2011-01-21 Consultants Report on Hall Primary School Master Plan (PDF 5.5 Mb)
Hall Primary School Master Plan. Eric Martin and Associates, for Department of Housing and Community Services, January 2011
- Preview 2011-07-20 Gladstone Street bus interchange traffic calming plan (PDF 228.8 kb)
A plan setting our proposals to improve road safety in the area in front of Hall Rural Stockfeeds. Community responses invited by 15th August 2011 to Greg Palethorpe (0402 840 834)
- Preview 2011-07-25 Hall Village Heritage Precinct. Entry to the ACT Heritage Register (PDF 1.5 Mb)
The Hall Village Precinct was entered on the ACT Heritage Register under the terms of the Heritage ACT 2004.
- Preview 2015-05-075 Hall Village Traffic Improvements - C15-052 (PDF 382.9 kb)
Letter to residents from Roads ACT regarding new traffic arrangements for Gladstone / Victoria Street junction.
- Preview 2017-08-15 Recreational trail Frequently Asked Questions - TCCS Brian Barthgate (PDF 631.9 kb)
A document explaining frequently asked questions about a proposed recreational trail for Hall, provided by the ACT Government TCCS Brian Barthgate.
- Preview 2017-10-07 Better Suburbs - Letter to Community Groups (PDF 58.7 kb)
Letter from ACT Government inviting participation in 'Better Suburbs' program
- Preview 2017-10-07 Progress Association Draft submission - 'Better Suburbs program' (PDF 351.8 kb)
The Progress Association's draft response to ACT Government invitation to contribute to 'Better Suburbs' program.
- Preview 2019-06-09 Hall Tree Maintenance and Habitat Creation Plans (PDF 932.0 kb)
The ACT Government Transport Canberra and City Services (TCCS) Directorate is responsible for the management and maintenance of Canberra's urban trees. TCCS have identified a number of ageing trees in the Hall Village precinct as requiring removal or maintenance in the form of habitat pruning to retain mature native trees.
Hall School site documents
Documents pertaining to the closure of Hall Primary School and subsequent developments.
- Preview Consultation paper August 2015 (DOCX 267.8 kb)
Future of Hall Primary School Site
Consultation Paper August 2015
- Preview Discussion Paper. Future of Hall School Site. March 2014 (PDF 79.6 kb)
Discussion Paper prepared by the Village of Hall and District Progress Association for a public meeting on 23 March 2014
- Preview Hall Public School. 1911 to 2011 and beyond (PDF 1.9 Mb)
A submission to the 'Towards 2020 Task Force from Hall Primary School P&C Association Inc, Hall Preschool Parents Association Inc, and Hall Primary School Board on behalf of parents and members of the Hall Primary and Hall Preschool communities and the broader region.
- Preview Hall School Site Plan - possible future uses (PDF 838.4 kb)
Hall School Site Plan - possible future uses
- Preview Proposed Child Care Centre for Hall (PDF 170.8 kb)
Proposal for a Child Care Centre on the Hall School Site
- Preview School site licence agreement (PDF 2.0 Mb)
Licence for the use of the Hall Community Precinct (school site) to 30 June 2023
- Preview Survey Form October 2009 - Early Childhood Centre (PDF 45.8 kb)
A short survey form seeking community input on the desirability of establishing an new early childhood education centre at Hall, including provision of childcare and extension of the existing preschool hours.
Minister for Education Andrew Barr has asked us to guage community interest in these matters.
Please complete this form and also bring it to the attention of friends and neighbours.
Useful information about the village and district of Hall
- Hall bush walk - topographical (JPG 488.9 kb)
A topographical version of the map of the Hall village bush walk
- Hall village bush walk (JPG 167.3 kb)
Map of a bush walk through the bush and paddocks surrounding the village. Around 4Kms. Some great views over the Brindabellas and towards Black Mountain.
- Preview Hall walk map (PDF 491.2 kb)
Map of bush walk around Hall village
- Preview Mining exploration application - map (PDF 402.7 kb)
Map of the 200 square kilometres north of the ACT subject to an exploration licence application
- Preview Public Place Names (Hall) Determination 2010 (PDF 128.1 kb)
Listing and explanation of road and lane names in the village of Hall, together with an official map.
- 'Uncle Clyde' (MP3 3.3 Mb)
Song written by Denis Kevans, sung here by Sonia Bennett in a recording made for the Remembrance Day ceremony at Hall, 11th November 2012
- Preview Wallaroo Brigade Community Letter 2012 (PDF 193.0 kb)
2012 Community Letter from Wallaroo Bush Fire Brigade President Rod Roberts, setting our bush fire information for residents, contact details for the Brigade, and appealing for new members.
Hall Men's Shed
Information brochure about the Village of Hall and District Men's Shed
- Information brochure about the Hall Men's Shed (PDF 4.6 Mb)
- Preview 2018-05-16 Draft committee meeting agenda (PDF 232.2 kb)
2018.05.16 Draft committee meeting agenda
- Preview 2018-09-19 Agenda (DOCX 47.0 kb)
2018.09.19 General Meeting agenda
- Preview 2018-11-21 (DOCX 47.6 kb)
Agenda of VHDPA Meeting of 21 November, 2018
- Preview 2019-02-20 (DOCX 47.3 kb)
Agenda for Meeting 20 Feb 2019
- Preview 2019-03-20 (DOCX 48.5 kb)
Agenda for Meeting 20 March 2019
Planning and Development
Documents associated with the Hall Precinct Code and other provisions affecting planning and development in Hall
- Preview Changes to the Territory Plan (PDF 249.3 kb)
Fact Sheet on proposed changes to the Territory Plan - TA 2012-06
- Preview CSIRO Ginninderra Field Station development (PDF 866.3 kb)
Information brochure from the CSIRO explaining the early stages of the field station development.
- Preview Hall Precinct Map and Code (PDF 807.6 kb)
Hall Precinct Map and Code, Promulgated 14 December 2012
- Hall Showground scoreboard proposal - Plan (JPG 142.2 kb)
Location map and drawings relating to the proposed new electronic scoreboard
- Preview Letter to VHDPA 25 October 2012 (PDF 76.9 kb)
Letter from ACTPLA re amendment to the Territory Plan and Hall Precinct Code
- Preview TA 2012-06 (PDF 240.0 kb)
Technical Amendment to the Territory Plan Variation 2012-06
Hall and district event information
- Preview 2015 Remembrance Day notice (PDF 59.3 kb)
An invitation to the annual Remembrance Day Service, organised by the Rotary Club of Hall
- Schools and teachers of the Capital Territory 1913 - Exhibition Flyer (JPG 457.2 kb)
Flyer for the Exhibition: 'Present at Birth, Schools and teachers of the Capital Territory 1913'.
- Try the Trail (JPG 657.4 kb)
Launch of Centenary Trail by CHief Minister, OCt 27th at 11.00 am
- Jim Rochford - ABC Interview 2013 (MP3 4.8 Mb)
Documents relating to School Museum
- Preview Bibliography : Rediscovering Ginninderra (PDF 77.1 kb)
Bibliography : Rediscovering Ginninderra on-line
- Preview Significance Assessment of the Hall School Museum (PDF 3.8 Mb)
Significance Assessment of the Hall School Museum by Emeritus Professor Eddie Braggert, 2014
Hall Village Community Fire Unit
- Hall Village Fire Wardens 2015 (JPG 532.4 kb)
documents relating to the Pavilion, including licence agreement
- Preview Hall Pavilion Security Procedures (PDF 168.0 kb)
Hall Pavilion Security Procedures as of 9th May 2018
- Preview Pavilion fact sheet (PDF 52.9 kb)
- Pavilion licence agreement (PDF 5.0 Mb)
Books and Publications
- Visitors to an Australian Garden (PDF 21.4 Mb)
This delightful collection of articles by Dagmar Parer describes wildlife observed in the garden of the property in Wallaroo where she lived with her husband Eric Wainwright. Originally published in the Rural Fringe under the byline Watchful Eyes
VHDPA AGM 2018
Documents and agenda items related to the annual general meeting of the VHDPA, held 15 August 2018
- Preview 2018 AGM Draft Minutes (DOCX 49.7 kb)
2018 AGM Draft Minutes
- Preview Agenda for the 2018 AGM of the VHDPA (PDF 145.1 kb)
Agenda for the VHDPA AGM, 2018
- Preview Auditor's Review Report 2018 (PDF 83.6 kb)
Auditor's Review Report 2018
- Preview Collectors Club report 2018 (PDF 1.1 Mb)
Report to the 2018 AGM of the VHDPA for the Collectors Club.
- Preview Computing for Seniors annual report 2018 (PDF 202.7 kb)
Computing for Seniors annual report 2018
- Preview Cottage annual report 2018 (PDF 19.3 kb)
Annual report of the Cottage for 2018, for the annual general meeting of the VHDPA.
- Preview Hall School Museum and Heritage Centre annual report 2018 (PDF 218.0 kb)
Hall School Museum and Heritage Centre annual report 2018
- Preview Mens Shed annual report 2018 (PDF 86.2 kb)
Annual report of the Hall Mens Shed for 2018, for the annual general meeting of the VHDPA.
- Preview Minutes of general meeting of the VHDPA held 31 My 2018 (PDF 483.1 kb)
Minutes of general meeting of the VHDPA held 31 My 2018 and discussing amendments to the constitution and members handbook.
- Preview Minutes of the Annual General Meeting 2017 (PDF 263.5 kb)
Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of the VHDPA held on 16 August 2017.
- Preview Pavilion annual report 2018 (PDF 33.4 kb)
Annual report of the Pavilion for 2018, for the annual general meeting of the VHDPA.
- Preview Presidents report 2018 (PDF 106.1 kb)
Presidents report to the AGM of the VHDPA 2018
- Preview Rural Fringe report 2018 (PDF 48.7 kb)
Report to the 2018 AGM of the VHDPA for the Rural Fringe.
- Preview Treasurer's report 2017-2018 FY (DOCX 13.8 kb)
Treasurer's report 2017-2018 FY
- Preview VHDPA 2018 Balance Sheet (PDF 29.9 kb)
VHDPA 2018 Balance Sheet
- Preview VHDPA 2018 Profit and Loss statement (PDF 41.2 kb)
VHDPA 2018 Profit and Loss statement
- Preview VHDPA Profit & Loss summary 2017-2018 (PDF 17.1 kb)
VHDPA Profit & Loss summary 2017-2018
VHDPA AGM 2019
Reports for tabling at VHDPA AGM 2019
- Preview AGM 2019 Rural Fringe Report.docx (DOCX 13.8 kb)
AGM 2019 Rural Fringe Report.docx
- Preview Draft Minutes VHDPA AGM 2019 (DOCX 66.3 kb)
Minutes of VHDPA Meeting 2019
- Preview Hall Mens Shed Foremans report 2019.docx (DOCX 31.4 kb)
Hall Mens Shed Foremans report 2019.docx
- Preview HSMHC Annual Report 2018-19 (PDF 213.1 kb)
HSMHC Annual Report 2018-19
- Preview Pavilion Cottage 18-19 Anual Report (DOCX 15.2 kb)
Pavilion Cottage 18-19 Anual Report