Hall Pavilion Hire Information
The Hall Pavilion is a community hall owned by the ACT Government and managed by the Village of Hall and District Progress Association. It is on the Hall Showground, where it was used for the Canberra Show for many years.
- Access: Off Gladstone Street, Hall. Full disability access.
- Size: 9m x 15m floor area plus a 9m x 5m kitchen and food serving area.
- Capacity: Up to 150 seated at tables but 120 maximum recommended.
- Furniture: Quality function furniture available (matched 25 tables and 150 chairs; tables are 1800mm by 750mm) included in hire.
- Kitchen: Enclosed, with servery, benches, double sink, shelving, five hotplate stove with oven, fridge, microwave and 2 urns. No cutlery, crockery or cooking implements. An additional 6m x 5m open serving area outside kitchen.
- Toilets/showers: Male, female and disabled toilets and a two-shower/dressing room.
- Verandahs: East facing 4m x 14m for use; north facing 4m x 7m entry for shelter only.
- Car Park: 50 car capacity off Gladstone Street
- Rubbish Disposal:2 hoppers are available 40 metres to the rear of the Pavilion for rubbish.
- Available: For community hire within the hire conditions.
- Restrictions: The Pavilion is situated in a residential area where noise restrictions and an 11 pm time curfew applies. It is not available for 16 to 21st birthday parties, School or College student functions. During evening functions front doors must be closed with building accessed from east side doors. The Village of Hall and District Progress Association reserves the right to refuse or cancel a hiring. Breaches of the hire conditions may result in the immediate cancellation of a hiring and forfeiture of all or part of the bond.
- Hire Fees: Daily Hourly rate: $40 per hour, after 6pm Night Rate: $50 per hour. Day Rate: 9am - 4pm- $120. Friday 4pm to 11pm $200. Saturday 4pm to 11pm $300.
- Bond: A refundable bond of $200 is to be paid at the same time as the balance of the hire payment. The Bond will be refunded within 10 working days of the hire if all is satisfactory.
- Payments: To be made directly to the Hall Pavilion Trust BSB:062 919 Acc. No.00925470. Use as reference: 'Pavilion (your surname)' and advise the treasurer that the payment has been made by email to
- Keys: Arrangements for key collection/return should be made in advance of the hiring.
- Bookings and Enquiries to:
- An alternative venue is available for smaller groups. Contact Margaret at
How to make a booking
All the information required to make a booking can be found here.
For those not already familiar with the facility the 'Fact Sheet' above details what is available.
If you are interested in hiring the Pavilion, and want to know about availability for particular dates you should email :
Full details of eligibility of activities, charges, making a booking, waste management, operation of equipment, cleaning up, and so on are set out in the document which can be downloaded here on 'Hiring the Hall Pavilion'.
- Download: Hiring the Pavilion
Securing a Booking
Once you have checked that your planned event is acceptable under the hire conditions, and that the date you want is available, you can secure a Booking by returning a signed Hire Agreement Form and a Booking Deposit of $50.This deposit is non-refundable.
While a temporary 'reservation' may be made for you, your Booking is not secure until we receive your signed Hire Agreement Form and deposit within a period of 2 weeks.
- Download: Pavilion - Hire Agreement Form
Use this email address for any matters to do with payment of deposits, hire fees, and Bonds.
This is an address for the Hall Pavilion Trust, which manages the facility. General enquiries about hire of the pavilion and hire booking requests can be sent to this address.
NOTE: An alternative venue is available for smaller groups. Contact Margaret at
The postal address of the Association is:
Hall Pavilion Trust PO Box 43 Hall ACT 2618