Hall Pavilion Hire Information
It is a condition of hire, that all events and activities must be undertaken in accordance with ACT Government COVID advice, current at the time of the proposed event or activity.
The Hall Pavilion is a community hall owned by the ACT Government and managed by the Village of Hall and District Progress Association. It is on the Hall Showground, where it was used for the Canberra Show for many years.
- Access: Off Gladstone Street, Hall. Full disability access.
- Size: 9m x 15m floor area plus a 9m x 5m kitchen and food serving area.
- Capacity: Normally up to 150 seated at tables but 120 maximum recommended. Event organisers must calculate capacity according to applicable ACT Government COVID directions. The usable indoor floor area is 135 square metres (not including the kitchen and serving area).
- Furniture: Quality function furniture available (matched 35 tables and 150 chairs; tables are 1800mm by 750mm) included in hire.
- Kitchen: Enclosed, with servery, benches, double sink, shelving, five hotplate stove with oven, fridge, microwave and 2 urns. No cutlery, crockery or cooking implements. An additional 6m x 5m open serving area outside kitchen.
- Toilets/showers: Male, female and disabled toilets and a two-shower/dressing room.
- Verandahs: East facing 4m x 14m for use; north facing 4m x 7m entry for shelter only.
- Car Park: 50 car capacity off Gladstone Street
- Rubbish Disposal:1 hopper is available 40 metres to the rear of the Pavilion for rubbish.
- Available: For community hire within the hire conditions.
- Restrictions: The Pavilion is situated in a residential area where noise restrictions and an 11 pm time curfew applies. It is not available for 16 to 21st birthday parties, School or College student functions. During evening functions front doors must be closed with building accessed from east side doors. The Village of Hall and District Progress Association reserves the right to refuse or cancel a hiring. Breaches of the hire conditions may result in the immediate cancellation of a hiring and forfeiture of all or part of the bond. NOTE: Our Security Guard will visit Friday and Saturday night functions to ensure your event has ceased by 11pm and guests and vehicles have vacated the car park by 11.30 pm.
- Hire Fees:
Day hire: Sunday to Friday to 4pm $165/day, Saturday to 4pm $220:
Day Night hire: Sunday to Thursday 9am to 11pm $265/day, Friday 9am to 11pm $395/day, Saturday 9am to 11pm $520/day:
Night hire: Sunday to Thursday 5pm to 11pm $165/night, Friday 5pm to 11pm $275/night, Saturday 5pm to 11pm $375/night:
Weekend block: 9am Friday to 4pm Sunday $960 total:
Short term: $45 per hour.
- Bond: A refundable bond of $200 is to be paid at the same time as the balance of the hire payment. The Bond will be refunded within 10 working days of the hire if all is satisfactory.
- Keys: You will be advised by email of access and key collection arrangements.
- An alternative venue may be available for hire for gatherings no larger than 30 people. The Cottage may be used between 9:00am and 6:00pm only for social events such as birthdays or similar occasions. The Cottage may be used between 8:00am and 10:00pm for meetings, workshops, yoga or similar purposes. Contact for details and bookings.
How to make a booking.
All the information required to make a booking can be found here.
For those not already familiar with the facility the 'Fact Sheet' above details what is available.
If you are interested in hiring the Pavilion, and want to know about availability for particular dates you should go to 'Securing a Booking' below.
Securing a Booking
Check that your planned event is acceptable under the hire conditions, and that the date you want is available at Go to make a booking.
Other enquiries please contact
This is an address for the Hall Pavilion Trust, which manages the facility. General enquiries about the pavilion can be sent to this address.
The postal address of the Association is:
Hall Pavilion Trust PO Box 43 Hall ACT 2618