Kinlyside/Hollingsworth Family Reunion
18 September 2013
Close and distant 'cousins' of the Kinlyside and Hollingsworth Families will gather for a reunion on the first weekend in November 2013 to retell the story of our pioneers who arrived in Australia in 1839 and settled on the Limestone Plains between 1841 and 1861.
On Saturday 2nd November participants will visit sites associated with these early settlers, beginning at St. John's Churchyard, Reid, progressing to St. Ninian's Church, originally built by the Kinlyside Brothers circa 1862 and later on to Hall Village where George Kendall Kinlyside established his Wheelwright & Coach-building Business in 1898 and Susan "Granny" Hollingsworth conducted first the Cricketers' Arms Hotel then the Village Guest House between the years 1896 and 1934.
On Sunday 3rd November there will be a picnic and sharing of family information in the grounds of the Hall Public School. A feature of this day will be the "Hall & District 1913" Exhibition on
display at the Hall School Museum.
The 'grandchildren' of George & Ada Kinlyside and Susan & Malachi Hollingsworth who are organizing this event appreciate the forbearance of the residents of Hall and the kind hospitality of the Friends of the Hall School Museum.
Our photo is from the 'Hall and district 1913' Exhibition showing George Kinlyside's business premises, his tool box, and a cabinet made by him